Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Attached devices not showing yet again

pablohoney
Luminary

Attached devices not showing yet again

Does anyone think Netgear will ever fix the issue that is devices which are connected to the network not showing in either the Orbi app or in the web based GUI?  And before Furry 38 tells me to do a factory reset and reattach everything from scratch or do a re-boot - this is not a permanent fix as it still happens - why?????????????

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 20
wimmme
Tutor

Maybe you could add more usefull info like device setup (RBR50 only or RBS50(Y), ...) , firmware version(s), app platform (iOS or android), etc ... I don't have this problem on my RBR50 with 2 RBS50 and 1 RBS50Y setup (firmware 2.5.1.16 until 2 days ago, now 2.5.2.4)

Message 2 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you using? 

There has been two FW updates that were just posted...

@pablohoney wrote:

Does anyone think Netgear will ever fix the issue that is devices which are connected to the network not showing in either the Orbi app or in the web based GUI?  And before Furry 38 tells me to do a factory reset and reattach everything from scratch or do a re-boot - this is not a permanent fix as it still happens - why?????????????

Message 3 of 20
pablohoney
Luminary

I have a RBR 50 and 2 RBS 50
I’m on the latest official firmware on all devices i.e. 2.7.0.70
Message 4 of 20
pablohoney
Luminary

I note that the firmware I am on is US only. Why is that? I also see there is a subsequent firmware version available 2.7.1.60 US also but it’s just a security fix.

Why are these firmware updates US only?
Message 5 of 20
pablohoney
Luminary

I should add that I am not in the US and the (US only) in brackets was not there when I updated my firmware.

So is 2.6.1.40 the latest firmware for non US customers?
Message 6 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

v2.7 versions are next generaion Circle and parental controls. I believe hasn't made Circle support out side of the USA regiona. 

v2.6 is for everyone. 

Message 7 of 20
pablohoney
Luminary

I note there is also a 2.7 that does not have (us only) on it
Message 8 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Both v2.7 versions are marked US Region only. 

Message 9 of 20
pablohoney
Luminary

Message 10 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

It still falls under the US region policy. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx#download

Under Previous Versions...

Message 11 of 20
pablohoney
Luminary

I’ve downloaded firmware version 2.6.1.40 for my devices. Satellites first then the RBR 50 and rebooted the system. Will see how the attached devices list looks over the coming days/weeks as at the moment, it is correct.
Message 12 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know...

Message 13 of 20
txdegawa
Tutor

I also have same issue, 

I have RBR50 with 5 X RBS50 Router All Firmware are Version V2.7.2.104

4 out of 5 RBS are connected via CAT5 and only one is 5GHz to RBR50.

Attached Devices
Number of Satellites: 0
Number of devices: 0
All my networks are working fine.
iPhone app I see 5 RBS50 but no devices are listed.
It has been doing randomly.
OrbiRBR50.jpg
Message 14 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

How are the RBS ethernet connected to the RBR? Directly or thru a LAN switch? 

@txdegawa wrote:

I also have same issue, 

I have RBR50 with 5 X RBS50 Router All Firmware are Version V2.7.2.104

4 out of 5 RBS are connected via CAT5 and only one is 5GHz to RBR50.

Attached Devices
Number of Satellites: 0
Number of devices: 0
All my networks are working fine.
iPhone app I see 5 RBS50 but no devices are listed.
It has been doing randomly.
OrbiRBR50.jpg

Message 15 of 20
vajim
Master

@pablohoney wrote:

Same here

for me it's been going on for several months.  A few network reboots did help for awhile but now it's acting up again 

I just ignore it. My devices are fine. 

Message 16 of 20
txdegawa
Tutor

Q1:  Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

A1:  No, I just update the firmware. I have not reset the setup. After update the firmware, GUI was fine. It happen suddenly. I understand the factory reset to start over, but That's not permanent solution, I deal with lots of routers and firewalls, but I never factory reset then update and restore setting. 

Q2:  How are the RBS ethernet connected to the RBR? Directly or thru a LAN switch? 

A2:  I have 5 X RBSs 4 of them are ethernet connected and 1 X RBS is 5G

My major issue is a Orbi GUI is very slow.

I understand Orbi has to collect all connected device informations but takeing 30sec to display dashboard is not acceptable.

But still everything working fine.

By the way my 

Access Control: Turned On
General Rule: Allow all new devices to connect

Message 17 of 20
jp4120
Guide

Same problem just started - have 20 devices - all listed yesterday after i swapped modems from netgear to motorola

and after i had upgraded the FW on a 2nd satellite RBS30 that wasn't connected to any devices

after the upgrades everything looked fine

my base RBR40 - FW V2.6.2.104  

2 satellites RBW30 - FW V2.6.2.2

shut all power down last night for 30 min for electrical work and now today shows 4 devices (but all devices are connected)

growing frustrated with the problems that netgeat brings to the table....why is this something that is not self correcting?

why should i have to downgrade FW, and jump thru hoops.....soon i may just trash orbi and purchase a google nest

Message 18 of 20
ChuckD711
Initiate

Having the same situation here...

RBR40 - V2.6.2.104

RBS40 - V2.6.2.104

RBS40 - V2.6.2.104

I have rebooted router, waited, turned off Access Contol, waited... Gave it a day or so, tried again, wiated. All items still no showing. Bigger problem is, i blocked a device as an Alexa was showing up as a Firestick (i don't own a firestick, so i blocked it). Now i am trying to re-enable the device, but the network list WILL NOT SHOW THE DEVICE. I reset the Alexa to factor setting, same thing. I need access to ALL devices so i can re-allow access. Even under the "View List Of Blocked Devices" there is an item there, which i did block, but the GUI will not allow me to select the item to modify, in fact will not allow me to modify any items.

In U.S. here - Had over 30 items connected, updated to this V2.6.2.104 and dropped to 23, then 20, now 16... Sitting around 16 and items not showing. Items that aren't showing are still working, but i can't see them.

NETGEAR - FIX THIS PLEASE

Message 19 of 20
jp4120
Guide

over time they seem to appear on the orbi app - right now i see 19 whereas 2 weeks ago i saw about 5 .   I agree its annoying and its not worth calling cust support because Netgear offshore tries to rip you off with a support contract that is almost a scam (it may actually be a scam).

this forum is good but i am not happy with netgear - my motorola modem outperforms the netgear modem that lasted me a lousy 14 months before it started acting up.

i do like my orbi coverage in the house so i don't want to re-invent everything by switching to google nest but it is an option if you get too frustrated. 

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7