Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Attempting to setup (old) RBR50, unsuccessfully

jneun
Aspirant

Attempting to setup (old) RBR50, unsuccessfully

Attempting to setup an RBR50 that I purchased over a year ago.  Initial setup appeared good.  Now unable to access Advanced tab (via either Orbilogin or IP address directly).  Additionally, firmware is 1.3.2 series.  Can't update since I can't get to the Advanced tab.  Tried a Factory reset and wind up back to same state.  Any suggestions welcome before the big trash can in the back yard.  Thank you.

Jan Erik

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Attempting to setup (old) RBR50, unsuccessfully

Vaguely remember this happened under some conditions. Any Internet "security" stuff intercepting the Web traffic probably?

I hope some Netgear moderator like @Dustin_V  has some more ideas for the recovery, so a newer firmware image can be installed.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

That would be expensive trash - try a different browser to start with.

Message 2 of 8
jneun
Aspirant

I have tried the three browsers I have on the PC.

Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Vaguely remember this happened under some conditions. Any Internet "security" stuff intercepting the Web traffic probably?

I hope some Netgear moderator like @Dustin_V  has some more ideas for the recovery, so a newer firmware image can be installed.

Message 4 of 8
jneun
Aspirant

My apologies. I thought I tried w/ the AV off. I turned off the AV and was able to access the Advanced tab and subsequently update the firmware.  Thank you for your help.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Might consider updating to v2.5.1.8 at some point. 

Message 6 of 8
jneun
Aspirant

Agree.  My issue was getting the ability to apply the updates.  I've since taken the router and satellite to the level you suggest.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You should be caught up now. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation