Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Automatic Firmware update - orbi RBR50

amd2100
Aspirant

Automatic Firmware update - orbi RBR50

Hi

My orbi RBR50 firmware updated to 2.2.1.210 last year. I have some problems after that.

1. In here sometime electricity down. after electricity come back my orbi router will work. but I cannot connect my devices. And I can see guest WiFi on my WiFi list. Even its switch off I can see the guest WiFi. So I switch on the guest WiFi and switch off and again I restart my router. Then guest WiFi will dissappear. I just want to know why It's happening like that.

2. WiFi is drop randomly and connect. don't know why it's happening.

3. My firmware is 12.2.1.210. I updated it last year. And since then I check updates my router says I already updated to the latest firmware. But orbi website update version is very latest. So I want to know why my router not update to the latest version automatically? Do I need to update it manually?
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
LMF777
Aspirant

Hi Amd2100,

Just by chance do you have Circle Parental controls enabled? 

If so, you have two choices, leave a dedicated machine open with the Connection status popup open and when wifi devices lose internet click renew and all devices regain connectivity or wait 5 10minutes and it restores itself.

The second option disable Circle and at least for me, the network is rock solid.

Message 2 of 4
amd2100
Aspirant

No circle parenting is off. don't know suddenly drop the WiFi and counting. And why my firmware is not update?
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would update to v32 on yoru system. You need to install v32 ON the satellites FIRST, then update the RBR to v212 then v32 lastly. I would factory reset the RBR after updating and setup from scratch. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-NetGear-Orbi-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-32-now-available/td-p/...

@amd2100 wrote:
Hi

My orbi RBR50 firmware updated to 2.2.1.210 last year. I have some problems after that.

1. In here sometime electricity down. after electricity come back my orbi router will work. but I cannot connect my devices. And I can see guest WiFi on my WiFi list. Even its switch off I can see the guest WiFi. So I switch on the guest WiFi and switch off and again I restart my router. Then guest WiFi will dissappear. I just want to know why It's happening like that.

2. WiFi is drop randomly and connect. don't know why it's happening.

3. My firmware is 12.2.1.210. I updated it last year. And since then I check updates my router says I already updated to the latest firmware. But orbi website update version is very latest. So I want to know why my router not update to the latest version automatically? Do I need to update it manually?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7