Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Automatic update to 2.1.1.18 bricked my satelite

HooinTX
Tutor

Automatic update to 2.1.1.18 bricked my satelite

So struggling to recover after the automatic update that bricked my RBS50 this weekend. Hopefully someone has some ideas. 

Currently the just brinks the red power light and white LED upon starting. There is no response to the reset button and I have tried the typical reset and "shock" reset paramters found in this forum to no avail. I've attempted to FTP new firmware but the RBS never accepts it as there is no response. I can ping the router at 192.168.1.1 but isn't that wierd? based on the manual I would think it would be at 192.168.1.250. Anyhow, I never get the blinking green lights described in the FTP firmware instructions but I'm hoping that since I can ping it I can somehow force update the firmware. Anyone have any ideas?

This is incrediblely frustrating month with this router. I had tons of issues with 2.1.1.12 firware around Christmas and it took me a week to realize it was because of an automatic update. I went back to 2.1.0.74 with great stability but didn't bother to turn off automatic updates. Now I'm really regretting it. 

-jd

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
HooinTX
Tutor

Re: Automatic update to 2.1.1.18 bricked my satelite

Oops, firmware to 2.1.2.18 bricked it. 2.0.0.74 was stable. 

Message 2 of 4
HooinTX
Tutor

No one has any ideas? 😞

Just RWA? I’m under warranty but outside of store return policy.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

At this point I suggest contacting support for a RMA.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7