Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Backhaul status orbi

TominVirginia
Follower

Backhaul status orbi

I am getting a poor backhaul signal reading to my satalite.  I moved the satelite from one postion in my home to another and it said good (for maybe a week) now its poor again.  I have not moved it or made any other changes to its location or placed anything around it.

The router is on the first floor and sat on the second maybe 40' apart.  Firmware version V2.1.4.10

What is going on?  Is this because of the firmware update or something else?  We live in the country so there is no other 5Ghz interfearence.  I have only started to notice the poor signal quality over the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Any help would be appreciated.  If I can't improve the performance I am going to change to another brand.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the building materials? Depending on building materials that can effect signal and range. Concrete and steel.

Try setting closer, say 30 feet if possible.

Has a reboot of the system been performed?

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming and check

Message 2 of 6
Joechang
Apprentice

same issue i am facing now. same location, just after updating firmware, backhaul status changed from good to poor. check/uncheck mumimo,fast roaming, daisy chain, some times it works some times doesnt. so anyway, give up, speed is ok so enough.

netgear software team really slow and not customer-oriented.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a full reboot of the router and satellite and check the condition. Last resort, factory reset both router and satellite and set up from scratch.

@Joechang wrote:

same issue i am facing now. same location, just after updating firmware, backhaul status changed from good to poor. check/uncheck mumimo,fast roaming, daisy chain, some times it works some times doesnt. so anyway, give up, speed is ok so enough.

netgear software team really slow and not customer-oriented.

Message 4 of 6
BVdG
Aspirant

Hi,

just installed new Orbi with 2 satellites... one satellite on 5m from router on another floor (concrete floor between) status poor ?? Can somebody help me ?

grts bart

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Concrete will impact wifi signal. Theres not much help here. The only way would be to wire connect you satellite:

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

@BVdG wrote:

Hi,

just installed new Orbi with 2 satellites... one satellite on 5m from router on another floor (concrete floor between) status poor ?? Can somebody help me ?

grts bart

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7