Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Beam Forming and MU-MIMMO

RegDawg
Apprentice

Beam Forming and MU-MIMMO

I noticed these options unchecked along with "fast roaming" (I think thats it) in the UI. Should these be checked for better performance? 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
webminster
Luminary

Re: Beam Forming and MU-MIMMO

@RegDawg wrote:

I noticed these options unchecked along with "fast roaming" (I think thats it) in the UI. Should these be checked for better performance? 

There's no hard answer to that - it's more of a try-and-see for your environment.  Fast-roaming can cause issues for some clients (excessive roaming, disconnects).  Mu-MIMO requires client support, and there's a lot of clients that don't support it (and won't get any advantage).  The beamforming option you may or may not see a tangible benefit.

Some have seen stability issues on the Orbi with them enabled.  Some have not.  I personally have them off, as I saw no appreciable benefits in my home.  If you feel adventurous, you can enable, and turn them back off if you see issues or don't see a benefit.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Beam Forming and MU-MIMMO

You'll have to test them out to best suit your needs. If you don't any or many MIMO supporting devices, then you can leave MIMO disabled. 

I have Beamforming enabled and all is working well with my devcies. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7