Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Brand new RBR40 doesn't detect internet

silverspear
Follower

Brand new RBR40 doesn't detect internet

Just got my new RBR40 today.

Tried to setup using the app but it says no internet connection. My ISP doesn't use PPPoE and it doesn't use a static IP.

Connected my old router back in and I get internet connection fine. Tried with the RBR40 and no internet connection.

Yes I've done all the steps, shut down modem, used all right ports, plugged out all devices etc... nothing works. Looking for some advice before I return this product.

Netgear support is useless. According to them, my warranty already expired 90 days ago  even though I bought the product today. 

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Hard to tell what is happening here without more information.

What is the modem in front of your Orbi router?

@silverspear wrote:

Yes I've done all the steps, shut down modem, used all right ports, plugged out all devices etc... nothing works.

That doesn't really pin down what you did.

Your account does not make it obvious that you started your network in the specified sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Netgear support is useless. According to them, my warranty already expired 90 days ago  even though I bought the product today. 

How did you try to contact support? The best way in is through

MyNETGEAR | Login

If it gets it wrong about the 90 days, then you may need help from @Darren_M,  @ChristineT or someone else on the Netgear team.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch using a wire connected PC with the RBR and a web browser. Walk thru the setup wizard at orbilogin.com.

@silverspear wrote:

Just got my new RBR40 today.

Tried to setup using the app but it says no internet connection. My ISP doesn't use PPPoE and it doesn't use a static IP.

Connected my old router back in and I get internet connection fine. Tried with the RBR40 and no internet connection.

Yes I've done all the steps, shut down modem, used all right ports, plugged out all devices etc... nothing works. Looking for some advice before I return this product.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would also contact one of the forum moderators and have them help you with getting the system registered correctly with NG. 

@Blanca_O 

Message 4 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @silverspear

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information @michaelkenward and @FURRYe38 provided has helped resolve your issue. 

If you need further assistance, please PM me the your name, email address, phone number and device serial number. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7