Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAN'T ACCESS A NETWORK RESOURCE IN ANOTHER RBS50 SATELLITE

CAN'T ACCESS A NETWORK RESOURCE IN ANOTHER RBS50 SATELLITE

Hi,

I have a RBR50 set and I have internet in all its the satellites.
Through the orbilogin.net I can see the satellites with GOOD in the Backhaul Status as you can see below:

web console.jpg

The Orbi App, however, shows as they are all disconnected (please ignore the satellite C - RBS50Y):

NO SSH.jpg

Despite this (that is annoying), I can't have local access to a network resource if it is in a different satellite.
Let me give you an example.
If a network resource like a Raspberry Pi is connected to the satellite A and I'm connected to that same satellite, I can to do a ping or even start a SSH session to the Raspberry PI.
If I change to the Satellite B, I can't do the same.

Both RBR50 and its satellites are running v2.6.1.40 firmware version.

What can I do to have a local network working as before?

I appreciate any help.

Best Regards,

Luiz Almeida

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAN'T ACCESS A NETWORK RESOURCE IN ANOTHER RBS50 SATELLITE

Glad its working now. Enjoy, Smiley Wink

@LuizAlmeida wrote:

Hi,

I waited for the weekend and did a factory reset in all my Orbis (RBR50, RBS50 and RBS50Y).
Everything now is showing online (Orbi App and Orbi's web administration console).
I can even check for new firmware update through the Orbi's web administration console.
The only thing is my RBS50Y shows firmware update failed after check is done (but there is no firmware update to do at the time as it is running the 2.6.1.40 version).
I had to configure all my network configuration by hand as someone else in the community claimed the factory reset procedure kept the old problems when using the backup file.

I hope not to do the same again.

Thank you for the tips.

Best Regards,

Luiz Almeida

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 8

Hi,

No. I only updated the firmware hoping to fix all the problems.
Is it really necessary? I'm going to lose all my network configurations (ip by mac address, etc)

Thank you in advance.
Best Regards.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You can save the current config to back up file. reset and then setup from scratch then check the status in the app. IF it's good, re-apply the config file from back up and check again. 

Message 4 of 8

OK. I'm going try this next weekend.
Thank you.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8

Hi,

I waited for the weekend and did a factory reset in all my Orbis (RBR50, RBS50 and RBS50Y).
Everything now is showing online (Orbi App and Orbi's web administration console).
I can even check for new firmware update through the Orbi's web administration console.
The only thing is my RBS50Y shows firmware update failed after check is done (but there is no firmware update to do at the time as it is running the 2.6.1.40 version).
I had to configure all my network configuration by hand as someone else in the community claimed the factory reset procedure kept the old problems when using the backup file.

Thank you for the tips.

Best Regards,

Luiz Almeida

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad its working now. Enjoy, Smiley Wink

@LuizAlmeida wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for the tips.

Best Regards,

Luiz Almeida

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7