Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CCTV System sees multiple Orbi SSID

N860CR
Follower

CCTV System sees multiple Orbi SSID

I’m having some issues with a Swan WiFi CCTV system.

Basically, the CCTV base unit connects to the WiFi and then the cameras use the WiFi network to stream back to the base. I’ve got a large house and figured this would work well with the Orbi system.

When connecting the swann unit to the WiFi, it sees each of the three Orbi stations as separate SSIDs with exactly the same name. When connected, the cameras will only use one Orbi. This means the signal isn’t good as they are trying to reach an Orbi that’s further away, bypassing a closer one.

I assume this is an issue with older technology in the Swann system. Is there any way to work around it? It’s rendering my CCTV largely useless at the moment.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: CCTV System sees multiple Orbi SSID

If the Swann doesn't show mac addresses or any other identifying info, the easiest way? Shut off all satellites but the router and the satellite you plan on connecting. It gives you 50/50 odds of getting the right one. If when it connects, if isn't correct, then switch to the other. The orbi should dynamically switch it to the closest but maybe the Swann is doing something funky. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7