Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can I disable client SSID on Satellite?

louis00375
Aspirant

Can I disable client SSID on Satellite?

Hi all, can i disable the SSID or even the radio to the client (not to the backhaul radio) of the Satellite if possible?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6

i dont think so

are you wanting to use it as just a media bridge ?

Message 2 of 6
louis00375
Aspirant

Yes, actually. On bridge is needed for my case. Should I use Orbi? Or I should use other bridge router/equipment instead?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 6

the orbi will still work as a bridge with its wifi enabled , not sure why you would want to disable its wifi

Message 4 of 6
louis00375
Aspirant

Due to the phyiscal limitation, I am not able to have wired connection inside a room. I have to bridge two hub connections into a single network. It will be good to using a powerful equipment to bridge two hub. With mesh design, it even reduce the configuration setting on the satellite side. However, as mentioned, it would be too much radio in a same room. Even though 5Ghz shall not have channel overlap issue, it still have a good practice shutting down a excess radio, which is one of the 5Ghz radio of the satellite device in my case. 

Message 5 of 6

then you have the wrong device , you need a client / wireless bridge / media bridge

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7