Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I get more than 300'ish Mbps WiFi using the RBs40 Base?

JuanEs
Aspirant

Can I get more than 300'ish Mbps WiFi using the RBs40 Base?

I used to pay for ATT fiber optica 300 Mbps speed and I was always getting even a little higher (320's Mbps) in all my devices with my Orbi AC2200. I changed lately to 1000 Mbps internet and the speed test in the Orbi app shows speeds of more than 900 Mbps. However, the same devices conected to it through the WiFi still only shows ~320-330 Mbps as it best, not matter if I am in front of the Orbi's base and nobody else is in home, only me actually using the internet.

I have reset the ATT modem, the Orbi system, etc. However, since the Orbi's base reports velocities of 900's Mbps I think the ATT modem is not an issue.

It is supposed that the Orbi Ac2200 handles speed unitl 833 Mbps, so why I can;t get more than 300's Mbps?. I am thinking to get the Orbi 6, but first I want to be sure the problems is the AC2200 capacity.

Thanks in advance,

Juan

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
JuanEs
Aspirant

Re: Can I get more than 300'ish Mbps WiFi using the RBR40 Base?

I apologize, I mean the router RBR40, not the base RBS40. I couldn;t find how to edit/delete my original post

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can I get more than 300'ish Mbps WiFi using the RBs40 Base?

Please post about this over in the Orbi AC forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 4
JuanEs
Aspirant

Re: Can I get more than 300'ish Mbps WiFi using the RBs40 Base?

Thanks, I will do

regards

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7