Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can not log into router RBR50.

ghermes
Aspirant

Can not log into router RBR50.

I can not log into my router admin account.  Admin user name and password does not work.  Answering security questions with correct answers does not work.  Says info does not match.  (answers are quite obvious to me)  According to iSO app, my current RBR firmware is at V2.3.5.30.  Using iOS app fails to check for firmware update, it reports a firmware check error.  I see others here have info about their satellite's but I can not find any info about my 2 satellite firmware versions.  I don't look at these issues very often but got an e-mail to upgrade firmware and started running into these issues.  I currently have 32 devices connected to my network according to Orbi app.  A little guidance on how to proceed would be greatly appriciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
vajim
Master

Your best bet is to perform a factory reset 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
vajim
Master

Your best bet is to perform a factory reset 

Message 2 of 7
ghermes
Aspirant

Thank you.  Should I reset both router and satellites or just the router?

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@ghermes wrote:

Thank you.  Should I reset both router and satellites or just the router?

Factory Reset on the router (a) erases all configurations, (b) sets the WiFi SSID/password to the values printed on the product label, and (c) resets the web credentials to "admin" and "password". That way, when you connect to it, doing the configuration is easy.

p.s. I (myself, me, the dumb one) had one experience when Password Recovery failed miserably, and my conclusion was that "somehow" I had failed to set up the recovery questions correctly.  After doing the Factory Reset and a fresh setup (two hours), I deliberately tried Password Recovery again, and it worked.  My conclusion was that I had failed to be deliberate in picking questions, filling in responses, and pressing "Apply."

No need to reset the satellites.

Message 4 of 7
vajim
Master

Message 5 of 7
ghermes
Aspirant

Thank you, I will give this a try in the next few days.

Message 6 of 7
ghermes
Aspirant

The factory reset did the trick. After reset, I was able to reinstall router, satellites and update firmware.  Thanks to everyone for their suggestion and assistance.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7