Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Manage Router when Connected via Satellite and Can't Manage Satellite when connected to Router

Zathraskin
Aspirant

Can't Manage Router when Connected via Satellite and Can't Manage Satellite when connected to Router

Hi Guys,

I just got the RBK50 Kit and everything is setup in AP mode and it all seems to be working correctly.  One thing I noticed however, is that when I'm connect to the satellite, either by being pysically closer via WiFi or plugged into it's LAN jack, I can't ping or access the Web Interface of the Router.

Conversely, the same is true when I'm either closer or plugged in directly to the router (I can't access the satellite web interface or ping it's IP)

Is this expected behaviour?  If so, is there a workaround? 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Zathraskin
Aspirant

Re: Can't Manage Router when Connected via Satellite and Can't Manage Satellite when connected to Ro

So I was able to fix this by a simple reboot of the satellite. Some kind of glitch clearly!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
RocketSquirrel
Luminary

Re: Can't Manage Router when Connected via Satellite and Can't Manage Satellite when connected to Ro

This is not expected behavior. I can manage my router & satellites from any location.

Perhaps you should perform a sanity check on your network, e.g., check that your assigned LAN addresses are all unique.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 3
Zathraskin
Aspirant

So I was able to fix this by a simple reboot of the satellite. Some kind of glitch clearly!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7