Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't find internet connection

PBS066
Follower

Can't find internet connection

Had an issue with FiOS recently and had to reset everything. After I did that the Orbi wouldn't work, so I reset it to factory settings (multiple times before it actually took). I've reached the end of the set-up on the app, but the app is giving me a red 'X' for "Checking internet connection. It can't seem to find the Orbi on the app, however, we have wifi through FiOS that we can use. Any help is appreciated.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Can't find internet connection

@PBS066 wrote:

Had an issue with FiOS recently and had to reset everything. After I did that the Orbi wouldn't work, so I reset it to factory settings (multiple times before it actually took). I've reached the end of the set-up on the app, but the app is giving me a red 'X' for "Checking internet connection. It can't seem to find the Orbi on the app, however, we have wifi through FiOS that we can use. Any help is appreciated.

So, FIOS was reset and then the Orbi no longer worked.  Must be a problem with the Orbi.  Does FIOS allow the customer to see what devices are connected?  (Sorry, I don't have FIOS.)  Is "resetting" FIOS totally mechanical, i.e. hold "reset" until the box restarts, or pull and restore power and that's the end of it - no configuration or setup?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't find internet connection

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Power OFF both ISP Modem and Orbi for 1 minute. Then turn ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Power ON the Orbi and try again...walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC and web browser to set up the RBR. 

@PBS066 wrote:

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7