× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get internet to PC

rjaudi
Aspirant

Can't get internet to PC

I am having trouble with my PC connecting to the ORBI.  Every device in my house is working, but the PC.  I have the Orbi installed with google fiber in access point mode connected to their router, Wi-Fi turned off.  In the Orbi interface it shows the computer connected on 5 ghz.  On the PC it shows connected to my network, great signal and even shows internet connected.  I have 2 computers next to each other and my laptop will work just fine and has a great connection.  I updated the driver for the network card on the PC.  Any ideas as to why my PC won't connect?  

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't get internet to PC

This PC also connected via wired lan cable or just via wireless adapter?

What is the mfr and model# of this wireless adapter card?

I presume if other devices are connecting with the Orbi and have internet access, that this one PC or wireless adapter card needs to be looked at on this particular PC.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

This PC also connected via wired lan cable or just via wireless adapter?

What is the mfr and model# of this wireless adapter card?

I presume if other devices are connecting with the Orbi and have internet access, that this one PC or wireless adapter card needs to be looked at on this particular PC.

Message 2 of 4
rjaudi
Aspirant

It turns out the network card is the problem.  I had a usb network card laying around that I plugged in and the computer was able to get on the internet.  The card was working with my previous router so I will have to investigate further.  

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, glad you found the cause. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7