Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can you backhaul between two RBS50's via ethernet but not to the router?

jonashlock
Aspirant

Can you backhaul between two RBS50's via ethernet but not to the router?

I have an ORBI RBR50 with 2 RBS50's.   In the house we have great service but our detached garage is hit and miss.  To fix I undergrounded a cat 6 cable in hopes I could backhaul to the router.   

My bad to not look at how to configure it before.  I thought the router was in my wifes office (closest to the garage) but it is actually on the other side of the house and all its wired ports are currently in use with other devices.  (moving the router is not an option) 

Is it possible to backhaul from a satellite to a satellite?    All the diagrams show making a daisychain to the router.    I don't want to cut holes in the walls to route wires if satellite to satelite won't work. 

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Can you backhaul between two RBS50's via ethernet but not to the router?

I've seen it done on here. I've never personally done it. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

@jonashlock wrote:

I have an ORBI RBR50 with 2 RBS50's.   In the house we have great service but our detached garage is hit and miss.  To fix I undergrounded a cat 6 cable in hopes I could backhaul to the router.   

My bad to not look at how to configure it before.  I thought the router was in my wifes office (closest to the garage) but it is actually on the other side of the house and all its wired ports are currently in use with other devices.  (moving the router is not an option) 

Is it possible to backhaul from a satellite to a satellite?    All the diagrams show making a daisychain to the router.    I don't want to cut holes in the walls to route wires if satellite to satelite won't work. 

Message 3 of 5
jonashlock
Aspirant

Thank you Fury.. I found that also.   What I am wondering is if I can backhaul wired to a sattelite to a sattelite that is wirelessly connected to the router.  

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes. That should work.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7