Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot connect my Carrier Infinity Thermostat

HR21
Aspirant

Cannot connect my Carrier Infinity Thermostat

I have a Carrier Infinity Thermostat that used to connect to internet with no problems on my previous 2 routers (Previous Century Link and Netgear routers). Now, it cannot connect to my Orbi, despite that it shows on my connected devices list when I log into my orbi router.

Anybody else had this problem? Any solutions?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you checked if it needs to be connected to a certain band at all times some smart devices do not like mesh networks.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
DavidShawP
Star

I had that problem with my Ring devices.  It turns out they are on 2.4 GHz only and need a channel between 1-11.  I set the channel manually and it works well now.  You could try that.

Message 3 of 6
HR21
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip. I tried to maulay select the 2.5G band to channels 1, 6 and 11.. tried all 3 but did not work.

Message 4 of 6
HR21
Aspirant

One more thing I need to change in my original post. I actually cannot see it connected ever on my device list when I log in to my router.

Message 5 of 6
st_shaw
Master

Look for the post on here by @khad showing how to create separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 GHz.  Create separate SSIDs. Connect thermostat to one SSID (probably only works on 2.4G).  Then you can see if it stays connected after restoring to a single SSID.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7