Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot disable Netgear Armor

cwj01
Guide

Cannot disable Netgear Armor

Cannot disable Netgear Armor in Orbi App.

Error message: "process is taking too long (more than 60 secs), Try again!!"

This is very frustrating, because its preventing me from getting tasks done online.

I've looked at other threads to no avail. People have mentioned reseting the router, but for me that is not an option. 

Could use some support. 

-Thanks.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
cwj01
Guide

Tried rebooting and still no luck, so I backed up my settings and did a hard reset. 

Was able to disable it. I was reluctant in doing a hard reset because I thought I'd have to reconnect numerous devices, but the backup I did seemed to reconnect all my devices (so far). Thanks for everyones help!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

Did you follow these directions:

Connect your mobile device to Orbi router’s WiFi network.
Launch the Orbi app.
The Dashboard displays.
In the top-left corner, tap the Home or Cloud icon.
Note: The icon varies depending on your router’s settings.
Tap SETTINGS > Security.
If prompted, enter your NETGEAR account credentials and tap NETGEAR SIGN IN.
On the NETGEAR Armor page, tap the Enable NETGEAR Armor slider to turn NETGEAR Armor on or off.
Your changes are saved.

Message 2 of 9
cwj01
Guide

Followed those directions. Tried this numerous times. Got the same error message.
Message 3 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@cwj01 wrote:

Cannot disable Netgear Armor in Orbi App.

Error message: "process is taking too long (more than 60 secs), Try again!!"

I've looked at other threads to no avail. People have mentioned reseting the router, but for me that is not an option. 

When the app simply will not work, there appears to be no alternative but to reset the router.

Can you explain "that is not an option"?

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a power cycle OFF of the RBR for 30 seconds, then back on. Then try to disable Armor with in the Orbi app. If this fails, you'll need to factory rest the RBR and setup from scratch and then not re-enable Armor. I would make a back up of this configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

@cwj01 wrote:
Followed those directions. Tried this numerous times. Got the same error message.

Message 5 of 9
cwj01
Guide

Tried rebooting and still no luck, so I backed up my settings and did a hard reset. 

Was able to disable it. I was reluctant in doing a hard reset because I thought I'd have to reconnect numerous devices, but the backup I did seemed to reconnect all my devices (so far). Thanks for everyones help!

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it disabled.  

Be sure to visit the Armor forum for additional help and information regarding that app.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 9
Mstrbig
Master

@cwj01 wrote:

Good News!

When all else fails, go back to the beginning and factory reset. Saves lots of frustration.

Message 8 of 9
jesseinla
Aspirant

"This is not an option". Well, if you had many people connected to your WI-FI and the network could not be disrupted, then a FREAKING factory reset is NOT an OPTION" do you understand NOW? One should not have to factory reset for something so simple as to disabling a feature. Especially if I bought my RAXE500 for over $600. This kind of crap is bad for a company that chooses to ignore this situation.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7