Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot factory reset Orbi RBS50 to update firmware because of automatic re-config

laotu
Tutor

Cannot factory reset Orbi RBS50 to update firmware because of automatic re-config

Hi,

I am updating my Orbi system from 2.7.3.22 to the lastest firmware version 2.7.4.24. The automatic update didn't work. I was able to update the router but the satellites are returning an error saying that I do have the wrong firmware file.

Therefore, I try to reset the satellites. But every time I reset them, they come back online and re-sync with the router. I tried various hardware reset versions.

Any ideas, how to get it done?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
laotu
Tutor

Re: Cannot factory reset Orbi RBS50 to update firmware because of automatic re-config

I am not sure why, but after the last attempt to reset the satellite, it worked and I was able to update the firmware.

That also means, I cannot reproduce the error message.

Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Cannot factory reset Orbi RBS50 to update firmware because of automatic re-config

What satellites are you using? 

Are they V1 or v2? 

What firmware version is on them? 

Are you manually updating or automatically? 

Have you tried logging into the satellites themselves and updating through their gui and not through the routers? 

Message 2 of 6
laotu
Tutor

What satellites are you using? RBS50

Are they V1 or v2? V2

What firmware version is on them? 2.7.3.22

Are you manually updating or automatically? automatic update didn't work, so I am trying to do it manual

Have you tried logging into the satellites themselves and updating through their gui and not through the routers? yes, doesn't work, the RBS returns an error message that I got the wrong file

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Are you extracting the file prior to uploading them?

Do you have a screen snip showing what error its giving you? 

Message 4 of 6
laotu
Tutor

I am not sure why, but after the last attempt to reset the satellite, it worked and I was able to update the firmware.

That also means, I cannot reproduce the error message.

Thank you for your help!

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

either way, glad you got it fixed!

You might mark it solved since its fixed so others aren't trying to help fix it still 🙂 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7