Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot synchronize RBS20 to RBR40

zenobios
Tutor

Cannot synchronize RBS20 to RBR40

Hi guys,

I have a RBR40 router and two RBS40 satellites wich I bought as package ~2 years ago. Now I wanted to add a new satellite and saw that - at least on Amazon - you can't buy the RBS40 anymore. Therefore I purchased a RBS20 but I'm not able to sync it to my RBR40 router. I tried several locations (near and far away from the router) but always the same result: After clicking on "Add new satellite" (don't know the right labels in english because my UI is in german), pressing on the "Sync" button on the RBS20 and then on "Next" in the RBR40 web ui, it tells me that this process can take up to 6 minutes. During this time the RBS20 keeps pulsing white light and after ~3 minutes the webui says that "configuration of the satellite failed" (while the RBS20 is still pulsing white light).

I also tried to factory reset the RBS20 although that this should be needed since this is an entirely new device. 

Is the RBS20 not compatible to the RBR40? Any other ideas?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
zenobios
Tutor

Re: Cannot synchronize RBS20 to RBR40

I solved the problem by switching off all satellites and just keep the router turned on. I guess it's a problem when there too many satellites nearby during the synchronization process. The system works fine now.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
vajim
Master

The RBS20 satellite is compatible with the RBK20W, RBK22, RBK23, RBK23W, RBK30, RBK33, RBK40, RBK43, RBK43S, RBK44, RBK50, RBK50V, RBK52W, RBK53, RBK53S systems.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBS20/RBS20_QSG_EN.pdf

Message 2 of 7
zenobios
Tutor

So then I'm wondering where the problem is...

Message 3 of 7
vajim
Master

@zenobios wrote:

we're waiting for you to try it and let us know

thanks

Message 4 of 7
zenobios
Tutor

@vajim wrote:

@zenobios wrote:

thanks

Oh well - is there some kind of sarcasm in it or did I miss something Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
vajim
Master

@zenobios wrote:

@vajim wrote:

@zenobios wrote:

thanks

Oh well - is there some kind of sarcasm in it or did I miss something Smiley Very Happy

no you're fineSmiley Happy....i thought you had the info you needed and of course if all else fails, reboot and perform a factory reset.

Message 6 of 7
zenobios
Tutor

I solved the problem by switching off all satellites and just keep the router turned on. I guess it's a problem when there too many satellites nearby during the synchronization process. The system works fine now.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7