Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Change email associated with orbi rbr50

Apointofview
Aspirant

Change email associated with orbi rbr50

Could you help me to update the email address associated with my Orbi Netgear app. I'd like it to align to the Netgear website. Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Change email associated with orbi rbr50

Alas, those of us who participate in the "community forums" are not Netgear employees.  What seems to have worked in the past is to send a private message to one of the forum moderators (by clicking on their screen name, such as @Blanca_O . Moderators have a "Capital N" after their screen name whereas we have goofy symbols).  Netgear seems to prefer that people not reveal personal information in public posts, so a private message is where you explain the situation: how to contact you, product numbers and serial numbers, email addresses, etc.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Alas, those of us who participate in the "community forums" are not Netgear employees.  What seems to have worked in the past is to send a private message to one of the forum moderators (by clicking on their screen name, such as @Blanca_O . Moderators have a "Capital N" after their screen name whereas we have goofy symbols).  Netgear seems to prefer that people not reveal personal information in public posts, so a private message is where you explain the situation: how to contact you, product numbers and serial numbers, email addresses, etc.

Message 2 of 8
Apointofview
Aspirant

So I called out to one of the netgear moderators to ask them for help and sadly I have zip by way of response. The fact that netgear does not provide telephone or chat support is shocking considering the price of their products. Any ideas how to get help when moderators ignore you and they're the only ones that can help ? 

Message 3 of 8

@Apointofview wrote:

I'd like it to align to the Netgear website.

What does that mean? And why do you want to do it?

Netgear has a raft of "websites" that do various things.

This one is the community forum. It often has nothing to do with the MyNetgear site that is of use only for warranty and support purposes.

Then there is the site that does things like Remote Access. Another could be Parental Controls.

It is often a good idea not to use the same credentials for different sites. Do so and when one site gets hacked the hackers have ways into the others.

Message 4 of 8
Apointofview
Aspirant

Thanks for coming back on my thread. 

this means that I would like to update the email account associated with the Netbear Orbi account. I am closing down that email address and I'd like to update it with the new email,address which happens to be the same one I use for net gear in general. 

I was previously told by a super user that net gear needed to do this. I sent them a private message asking for support and they've ignored it. I have to say, net gear support is appalling. I'm not asking for hardware support. This is support I need because they don't provide the facility to help ourselves and so expect more from them. 

any ideas how to get to the right team to help out with something  pretty easy ? 

Message 5 of 8

@Apointofview wrote:

this means that I would like to update the email account associated with the Netbear Orbi account.

What is this Netgear Orbi account? It could be one of several things.

What do you use it for? (See my earlier message.)

Message 6 of 8
Apointofview
Aspirant

Ok, so as part of the Orbi system, you can use the Orbi app to manage your system. When in the Orbi app, by clicking on the home button, and then clicking on the Account Management button, you are able to see your profile and login settings. 

Under my profile, it currently uses an old email address. I would like to update this to reflect my new email address. Within the app, it is not possible to update the email address. It only allows you to update the password. 

This is why I want to update it. Does it make sense?

Message 7 of 8

@Apointofview wrote:

Ok, so as part of the Orbi system, you can use the Orbi app to manage your system. When in the Orbi app, by clicking on the home button, and then clicking on the Account Management button, you are able to see your profile and login settings. 

That's one of the many ways into MyNetgear.

Do it with a browser.

NETGEAR - Common Account Management

• Login
  • My Profile
  • Login settings
  • Change email

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation