Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Chromebook consistently slower than other devices on Orbi

BostonTaylor
Initiate

Chromebook consistently slower than other devices on Orbi

I have an Orbi mesh network with 2 satelites. I did a room by room, device by device comparison using speedtest.net. Our chromebook (x360 bought last year) doesn't exceed 40mbps where apple devices can reach 200mbps. I did notice the Chromebook is commonly on the 2.4ghz, but I don't know if that matters. Is there anything you could recommend to help my Chromebook take fuller advantage of my network?  

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Chromebook consistently slower than other devices on Orbi

Be sure to make a backup configuration to file for safe keeping on the RBR. Saves time of a reset is needed. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

@BostonTaylor wrote:
So I solved it (accidentally)... the router needed updates, something I don’t think was visible via the app but was via the web login. Chromebook is cruising now!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
vajim
Master

@BostonTaylor wrote:

I have an Orbi mesh network with 2 satelites. I did a room by room, device by device comparison using speedtest.net. Our chromebook (x360 bought last year) doesn't exceed 40mbps where apple devices can reach 200mbps. I did notice the Chromebook is commonly on the 2.4ghz, but I don't know if that matters. Is there anything you could recommend to help my Chromebook take fuller advantage of my network?

reset everything by restarting modem, router and device.   

Message 2 of 6
BostonTaylor
Initiate

So I solved it (accidentally)... the router needed updates, something I don’t think was visible via the app but was via the web login. Chromebook is cruising now!
Message 3 of 6
vajim
Master

@BostonTaylor wrote:

Nice work

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to make a backup configuration to file for safe keeping on the RBR. Saves time of a reset is needed. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

@BostonTaylor wrote:

Message 5 of 6
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@BostonTaylor wrote:

he already did 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7