Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Compatible Satellites for the RBK50 Router

Burakiosaurus
Aspirant

Compatible Satellites for the RBK50 Router

Hi Folks,

I have had my RBK50 Router with 1 Satellite Extender for over a year and have been super happy. 

Recently, I have had to move the Satellite upstairs due to moving rooms (and wanting to wire the TV, PS4 and Apple TV) and now I get very poor Wi-Fi in the Garden (10-20 and it will sometimes drop completely). Previously, the Satellite was in the room looking over the garden and I would get Wi-Fi speeds of up to 300mb. 

So, I need a new Satellite to place downstairs to ensure good Wi-Fi in the Garden for work, streaming videos, gaming etc...

All of the RBS50 Satellites I have found are quite expensive and mostly used. Are there any later model satellites I can use with my RBK50 Router at all? 

Many thanks in advance for all help. 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Burakiosaurus,

The RBK50 naming convention refers to a router and satellite mesh system. Your system contains two devices, one is a router also known as the RBR50. The other is a satellite that is known as the RBS50. The link you have is correct. However, please see the link below for our official support page. 

Please see below for the official support page for your Orbi RBK50 Mesh System:

RBK50 Support:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Burakiosaurus,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are looking for devices compatible with your RBR50. 

The RBR50 is compatible with the following Orbi AC Satellites -  RBS10, RBS20, RBW30, RBS40, RBS40V, RBS50, and RBS50Y. 

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Burakiosaurus
Aspirant

Hi Kevin,

It is this model that I own:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-Ultimate-System-Satellite-Extender/dp/B01KVRRSNI?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th... 

Amazon describe it as "NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK50) | Router with 1 Satellite Extender | Coverage up to 4,000 sq. ft. and 25+ Device |MESH AC3000 (Upto 3Gbps)"

Is that the same as the RBR50 you mention?

Message 3 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Burakiosaurus,

The RBK50 naming convention refers to a router and satellite mesh system. Your system contains two devices, one is a router also known as the RBR50. The other is a satellite that is known as the RBS50. The link you have is correct. However, please see the link below for our official support page. 

Please see below for the official support page for your Orbi RBK50 Mesh System:

RBK50 Support:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Burakiosaurus
Aspirant

Thank you for the clarification Kevin. 

Picked up an extra RBS50 and it's now 300mbs wifi in the garden again.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7