Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configure Sync

JamesRubin
Follower

Configure Sync

This is about adding an RBS50 to my RBR50 router. It's the 4th satellite. It appears to be connected but in the Backhaul status column, instead of "Good" to describe the connection, it says Config Sync. I don't know how to do that. Pressing the sync buttons on the satellite and the router has no effect.

James

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Configure Sync

@JamesRubin wrote:

This is about adding an RBS50 to my RBR50 router.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but Orbi systems are not like standard routers, so you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Configure Sync

Does the RBS have the same version of FW loaded as whats on the RBR? Needs to be the same version. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7