Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connecting Orbi router to a Nighthawk?

ekhalil
Master

@michaelkenward wrote:

It is up to @mirama44 to decide what to do.

I think that @mirama44 is already confused because of all those posts. 🙂

@FURRYe38/@BoilerPlate asked him to set Orbi in AP mode for no reason, and thus caused him to factory reset his system 😄

Message 26 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

BoilerPlate didn't post. Really?

So lets let @mirama44 get this set up and figured out. Been too much posting about it and sorry if I confused the user. No need for any more. 

Thanks. 

Message 27 of 31

@FURRYe38 wrote:

BoilerPlate didn't post. Really?

Don't knock boilerplate. I am one of their fans.

Message 28 of 31
mirama44
Tutor

It is working!!!

After many hours and an interruption to go to the emergency room, the internet is now working in my outbuilding. Even though I had already updated firmware on the nighthawk, I had to update it again. Once I turned the nighthawk into AP mode and refreshed I was able to hook the nighthawk up in my outbuilding and it is all working!!

Thank you for all of the help and suggestions. I was about to cut off connector ends and replace before choosing to pulling over 120 feet of new ethernet. Glad I didn't have to do that. Thank you all so much. I appreciate your time, effort, kindness, helpfulness. and expertise. Thank you SO much!
Message 29 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it working. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Hope all is well after the emergency room visit. Smiley Frustrated

@mirama44 wrote:
It is working!!!

After many hours and an interruption to go to the emergency room, the internet is now working in my outbuilding. Even though I had already updated firmware on the nighthawk, I had to update it again. Once I turned the nighthawk into AP mode and refreshed I was able to hook the nighthawk up in my outbuilding and it is all working!!

Thank you for all of the help and suggestions. I was about to cut off connector ends and replace before choosing to pulling over 120 feet of new ethernet. Glad I didn't have to do that. Thank you all so much. I appreciate your time, effort, kindness, helpfulness. and expertise. Thank you SO much!

Message 30 of 31
ekhalil
Master

@mirama44 wrote:
It is working!!!

Great that you got things working, and sorry for any confusion caused by some of the posts! 🙂

Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7