Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting an Orbi Pro Satellite via a wireless point to point bridge?

Milstead
Follower

Connecting an Orbi Pro Satellite via a wireless point to point bridge?

Hello, 

I have an out building that is just outside of the range of my SXR80 and a SXS80. I have tried to play with the satellite topology, but the connection between the two is not reliable. I was thinking about using a wireless point to point set up in bridge mode to connect the Orbi satellite in the outbuilding to another satilite or event the orbi router. 

Woudl this work? Or should I just ditch that Orbi satellite in the outbuilding and get a access point? 

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connecting an Orbi Pro Satellite via a wireless point to point bridge?

Please visit and post about this over in the Orbi Pro forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-orbi-pro

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Connecting an Orbi Pro Satellite via a wireless point to point bridge?

@Milstead wrote:

I have an out building that is just outside of the range of my SXR80 and a SXS80. I have tried to play with the satellite topology, but the connection between the two is not reliable. I was thinking about using a wireless point to point set up in bridge mode to connect the Orbi satellite in the outbuilding to another satilite or event the orbi router. 

Would this work? Or should I just ditch that Orbi satellite in the outbuilding and get a access point? 

Several users have been successful deploying a "WiFi Bridge" to connect a satellite that is too far away for traditional Orbi WiFi backhaul.

To the Orbi units, the bridge "appears to be" an ethernet cable.  People have mentioned using EnGenius, Ubiquiti, and even some of the (sockingly inexpensive) units found on Amazon.

Depending on building construction, the bridge units can be placed inside and (since they are rated in terms of kilometers) just blast through the walls. This eliminated having to penetrate the building wall (and waterproof the hole, etc.)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7