Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection help

ChuckGallagher
Aspirant

Connection help

I'm a novice!  Connected the RBK50 but cannot seem to get the Add-on Satellite to connect.  Any suggestions.  Keep doing what the vids show and it just won't connect.  I'm lost.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connection help

How far appart is the satellite from the router? Should be starting at 30 feet.

Are you first pressing the sync button on the router, then press the sync button ON the satellite after you see the slow pulsating white LED on top?

Try factory reset the satellite. It will blink ON and OFF, then begin to pulsate slowly like it's breathing. When this happens, press the sync button on the router, then press the sync button ON the satellite. It should turn BLUE on top after a minute or 2. Give it 5 minutes if needed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

How far appart is the satellite from the router? Should be starting at 30 feet.

Are you first pressing the sync button on the router, then press the sync button ON the satellite after you see the slow pulsating white LED on top?

Try factory reset the satellite. It will blink ON and OFF, then begin to pulsate slowly like it's breathing. When this happens, press the sync button on the router, then press the sync button ON the satellite. It should turn BLUE on top after a minute or 2. Give it 5 minutes if needed.

Message 2 of 4
ChuckGallagher
Aspirant

Thank you and I will gladly give this a try.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements