Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connectivity

ceyanesb
Aspirant

Connectivity

Hi, i want to know what means when the Mesh system supports three bands like these ones:

2.4GHz (400Mbps) + 5GHz (866Mbps) for WiFi devices to connect to the Internet5GHz (866Mbps) dedicated WiFi link for faster data connections between Orbi router and Orbi Satellite

I don't understand what means the dedicated 5Ghz Wifi Link, is it another band like many other routers that support 2 x 5Ghz or is it a special kind of 5Ghz.

Thanks! 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connectivity

Its 3 wifi radios, two front wifi signals usable by users wifi devices. The 3rd radio is a hidden wifi signal used by the Orbi system that connects the RBR router to the RBS satallies. When devices are connected to the RBS, the data goes across the hidden wifi signal between the RBS and RBR. This signal is not usable or configurable by users or wifi devices. 

Message 2 of 4
ceyanesb
Aspirant

Is that different from another makers that claim that their routers have one 2.4 and two 5 ghz bands?
I am confused because maybe they are but they don’t specify it. So to resume, does the second 5Ghz band in other routers work as orbi works?

Thanks in advance
Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@ceyanesb wrote:
Is that different from another makers that claim that their routers have one 2.4 and two 5 ghz bands?
I am confused because maybe they are but they don’t specify it. So to resume, does the second 5Ghz band in other routers work as orbi works?

My impression is that this is generally the case.  The 3rd WiFi channel is not used for client devices.  Of course, I spend very little time reading Product Data Sheets for other products.  The product descriptions should make it pretty clear what that 3rd WiFi channel is used for.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7