Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Constantly Disconecting- Orbi RBK33

Patlite
Follower

Constantly Disconecting- Orbi RBK33

I purchased an Orbi RBK33 about a year ago. It had worked great, until the last two weeks. It is now constantly dropping the internet, and I have to reboot the router to get it back up and running. This happens multiple times a day. Any suggestions on why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it in the future?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Constantly Disconecting- Orbi RBK33

What firmware do you have on it? (and the satellites)

What modem/gateway do you have it connected to? 
have you tried a simple factory reset and reinstall (not from backup)? maybe an old setting is causing issues. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Constantly Disconecting- Orbi RBK33

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

@Patlite wrote:

I purchased an Orbi RBK33 about a year ago. It had worked great, until the last two weeks. It is now constantly dropping the internet, and I have to reboot the router to get it back up and running. This happens multiple times a day. Any suggestions on why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it in the future?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7