Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DISTANCE

MOJOE3
Aspirant

DISTANCE

I am trying to expand the range of my wifi to synch my ring devices. I cannot get more than 10 feet from this device without having streaming issues. I see reviews of how the range should allow this but I cannot get this to work. I have the satelites too and love them but for the price of the extender I am not sure at this time worth the price. I may be doing something wrong. I tried several locations and no better reception. I am trying to reach my pool which is approximately 100 feet from my orbi and wifi 

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

There is a thread entirely about Ring products: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Best-Performance-for-Ring-Devices-Orbi-Config-Settings/m-p/178... 

Perhaps you can explain more about two aspects of the problem:

@MOJOE3 wrote:

I cannot get more than 10 feet from this device without having streaming issues.

I am trying to reach my pool which is approximately 100 feet from my orbi and wifi 

I am trying to visualize where the Ring doorbell is located (front door?  pool?) and where this "10 feet" is (from the doorbell? from the Orbi?)

Just in general, 100ft. can be a long distance for WiFi, especially if there are walls in between.  On my Android phone, I use an app called "WiFi Analyzer" to show the signal strength of WiFi networks (my own and my neighbors).  When the signal strength gets too low, WiFi offers poor performance.  Ironically, Netgear offers an Orbi product specifically for "outdoors" (the RBS50Y).They are sort of expensive, but then "outdoors" has special needs.  https://www.amazon.com/s?k=RBS50Y&ref=nb_sb_noss_2 

Message 2 of 4
MOJOE3
Aspirant

No doors or obstructions. It is an open space. I will try the Wifi analyzer and yes expensive but if it works then I think worth the prcie. Thanks. 

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@MOJOE3 wrote:

I cannot get more than 10 feet from this device without having streaming issues

Can you please explain more about this?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7