Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Daisy chaining a 2nd satellite

Philip_Timms
Aspirant

Daisy chaining a 2nd satellite

Models as above - plus one RBS50 satellite in the house. I am wanting to daisy chain the satellite in the house to the satellite in the garden.

Router firmware V2.5.1.16

House satellite V2.5.1.16

Garden satellite V2.5.2.104

I cannot get the garden satellite to connect to the house satellite even when they are adjacent - the garden router is still connecting with the router, which is about 30 feet away at the top of the house. And even when connected to the house router the garden satellite it does not seem to be transmitting, even though it appears connected - sometimes "good", sometimes "config sync". I had to update the firmware for the garden satellite manually as, when I tried to do this throught the web interface, it just shows "waiting for connection" in the box.

Any ideas?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Daisy chaining a 2nd satellite

I see that FW you have on the RBSY is for Orbi Pro. Possible that this version of FW may not work with Orbi Home version. You may want to load 2.3.5.32 (Orbi Mode for Orbi)

Ensure Daisy Chain is enabled on the RBR. 

Message 2 of 7
Philip_Timms
Aspirant

Thanks - I have gone back to the firmware version you have suggested - but no change!

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you turn down the power output on the RBRs radios from 100% to say 50%? Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

You may need to move the RBSY farther out from the RBR...

Message 4 of 7
Philip_Timms
Aspirant

thanks - I'm afraid reducing the power made no difference. I will give it one more go further away though.

Message 5 of 7
Philip_Timms
Aspirant

It's now down the bottom of the garden, still trying to connect with the router rather than the other satellite.

I have attached the screen I get from logging directly into the garden satellite

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like you have a bad RBSY or a RBS that the RBSY can't connect to thus the RBSY wants to connect to the RBR. 

I would make contact with NG support about this. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7