Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Date Key Not Seen

BigDingus
Aspirant

Date Key Not Seen

Hi all.

I have assumed that using readyshare just meant plugging a data key into the USB was all I needed to do to share some file.

However I've found if I plug my key in and try using //readyshare I don't see my key.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction please.

I'm hoping to be able to share both internally and externally.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Date Key Not Seen

USB Flash drives are not supported on Orbi systems. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Date Key Not Seen

Readyshare was a common topic when the original Orbi was released. The early indications in 2016 were that support for Readyshare was "coming soon". It's pretty obvious that the design included the USB port for that purpose.  However, "times change".  When the version 2 product came out, that USB port was gone. Neither the RBR40 nor the RBR20 have a USB port. And, none of the newer Orbi products include a USB port.  (Interesting trivia: the original Orbi also includes a Bluetooth capability, but nothing has ever been done with it.)

My own guess is that as the years have gone by, there has been more interest in Network Attached Storage (NAS) and less in using slow USB storage.

Anyway, the end result is no Readyshare on the Orbi product line.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7