Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dead RBR50

JohnKuz
Follower

Dead RBR50

Good morning.  I woke up this morning and my rbr50 was dead.  Assume power surge or something.  I need to replace.  I currently have 3 satelites around the house 2 RBS50 and 1 RBS50 v2.  I would like to replace the router without replacing the satelites.  What routers are compatible with the system? Do I have to find a RBR50 or can i use an RBK50....

Thank you

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: Dead RBR50

The RBK50 is a kit containing both an RBR50 router and an RBS50 satellite.  I do not believe you can purchase an RBR50 alone unless it is a used one.  If you have had the system for less than 1 year, then contact Netgear for an RMA replacement.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Does the back LED or top ring LED turn ON at all? Possible power supply is bad...

@JohnKuz wrote:

Good morning.  I woke up this morning and my rbr50 was dead.  Assume power surge or something.  I need to replace.  I currently have 3 satelites around the house 2 RBS50 and 1 RBS50 v2.  I would like to replace the router without replacing the satelites.  What routers are compatible with the system? Do I have to find a RBR50 or can i use an RBK50....

Thank you

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Does the back LED or top ring LED turn ON at all? Possible power supply is bad...

This is well possible. @JohnKuz try a power supply from an RBS50... 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7