Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Decreased internet speed of ORBI RBK50

sarashorin
Aspirant

Decreased internet speed of ORBI RBK50

HI,

Upgraded to Charter Spectrum Ultra100 intenet service.  Have an ORBI system (router + 1 satellite) RBK50 + RBS50.  Since upgrading the internet service, when I get 130+ near the main router, my speed test near the satellite is near 30-50, sometimes 90 or as low as15-20.  I have updated firmware on router and satellie and have tested signal with Charter.   It's been much worse since upgrading.  It was better on regular high speed internet.  I was getting 55-66 everywhere with no degradation of speed.  Can the ORBI handle the extra speed?  Do I need another satellite?  Are there setting I should change to better accomodate the additional speed?

Sara

Message 1 of 3
sarashorin
Aspirant

Re: Decreased internet speed of ORBI RBK50

Have been reading...Seems on 2GHZ up to 192 mbps and up to 866 mbps on 5 GHZ.  Then why is my internet speed degrading by 33-66% when in range of the satellite.  Makes me think there is something inefficient between the router and satellite...some setting???

Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Decreased internet speed of ORBI RBK50

Hello Sarahshorin

In the wireless settings have you tried to change the wireless channel on the 5ghz and 2.4ghz network?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7