Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disney+ Won't Stream Through Orbi Router

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Disney+ Won't Stream Through Orbi Router

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

What happens if you change the ISP modem to router mode and configure AP mode on the RBR? 

You can try updating FW to v40 on the Orbi system or you might try downgrading to v16:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-6-1-40/m-p/1997895/highlight/tr...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

Message 26 of 52
billasch
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

What happens if you change the ISP modem to router mode and configure AP mode on the RBR? 

You can try updating FW to v40 on the Orbi system or you might try downgrading to v16:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-6-1-40/m-p/1997895/highlight/tr...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

1) I can give that a shot. (reset and setup)  But being blocked seems odd.  I've been digging into the errors and they seem to be 403's.
2) My Orbi is not a replacement for the Xfinity since I have Xfinity Voice.  I could remove the Orbi from the network completely, but then I am throwing away $300 for buying it.  For troubleshooting purposes, i can certainly try it...but, from reading a bit on the interwebz, it would work.
3) Happy to upgrade, although the Orbi app says I am up to date...but clearly there looks to be something newer.  (will give it a shot now)

Message 27 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes...

Message 28 of 52
billasch
Guide

It failed to update...
Screenshot 2020-12-19 204111.png

Message 29 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you downloading the files and applying the files to the RBS first then RBR lastly? 

What browser are you using? 

Message 30 of 52
billasch
Guide

Well, I DL'd the files from the link

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Are you downloading the files and applying the files to the RBS first then RBR lastly? 

What browser are you using? 

I downloaded the files from the link, unzipped it, went to orbilogin.com...tried to manually update the satellite and got that error

browser = chrome

Message 31 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

Try updating the FW on the RBS web page, not the RBRs. Try IE11, Edge or Firefox. 

Message 32 of 52
billasch
Guide

All righty, Firmware updated to v2.6.1.40

I will restart EVERYTHING and flush cache...

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Try updating the FW on the RBS web page, not the RBRs. Try IE11, Edge or Firefox. 

Message 33 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

It's recommended to power OFF the RBS and RBR for 30 seconds then back ON with the RBR first, then RBS lastly.

Message 34 of 52
billasch
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

It's recommended to power OFF the RBS and RBR for 30 seconds then back ON with the RBR first, then RBS lastly.

Yup...turned them both off for 2 minutes.  Brought them back up in that order.  Disney+ still hating on me.

I've looked in Console and it looks like its being blocked at the firewall possibly...  (403 errors)

Message 35 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this for only a few minutes, put the IP address of the console into the RBRs DMZ. Save and apply. Then try Disney. Disable DMZ after testing. 

Message 36 of 52
billasch
Guide

When you say IP address of the console, I am not sure what you mean.  When I said Console, I was referring to hitting F12 in Chrome.  I think that is actually "Developer Tools".  I should have been more specific, my bad

Message 37 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, so the device that has Disney on it, put that devices IP address into the DMZ on the RBR and see what happens. 

Message 38 of 52
billasch
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Ok, so the device that has Disney on it, put that devices IP address into the DMZ on the RBR and see what happens. 

That's the kicker.  I don't have a device with Disney+ on it.  I am being blocked from accessing Disney's site on my browser!

Message 39 of 52
billasch
Guide

OK...here's the deal, we can close this.  And I would like to thank for you for help.

I have dug all over the Interwebz and it seems that Disney blocked a lot of IP Addresses over the last year.  I chatted with them online and they were able to unblock the IP.

It was NOT the Orbi!!!

Again, thanks for all your help.

Message 40 of 52
Mstrbig
Master

I was just getting ready to tell you the same thing. Glad to hear you found the solution. Please mark your findings as the solution? 

Message 41 of 52
billasch
Guide

I am happy to.  How do I do that?

@Mstrbig wrote:

I was just getting ready to tell you the same thing. Glad to hear you found the solution. Please mark your findings as the solution? 

Message 42 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

So put your PC's IP address into the DMZ on the RBR...

Message 43 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

Your not getting to this log in screen?

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 9.43.37 PM.png

Message 44 of 52
billasch
Guide

Sorry, I meant "How do I mark this as a solution?"

@FURRYe38 wrote:

So put your PC's IP address into the DMZ on the RBR...

Message 45 of 52
billasch
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Your not getting to this log in screen?

I wasn't even able to sign up for the service before I fixed it.

Basically, sometime last year Disney started blocking IP addresses.  I called them and had them unblock mine, then I was able to get it to work.

To give you an idea of what I was experiencing, here were the steps I took:

1) Navigate to https://www.disneyplus.com
2) Select "Get All Three"
3) Enter e-mail and hit enter
4) create password and hit enter
5) ...the site refused to load...

I brought up Chrome developer tools and noticed a lot of 403 and 499 errors.  Searching online and consulting with some software developer friends confirmed my suspicion that Disney was blocking internet traffic from my IP.  They did a LOT of this last year when people were stealing their service.

I called Disney and they unblocked it.  It worked immediately.  I was then able to proceed with my subscription and the service works well.

Message 46 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

AH cool Glad it wasn't Orbi. 

Enjoy. 

Message 47 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

Select the Solution button seen in this thread. 

Message 48 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

Oops. the OP will have to mark the Solution button. Hopefully they will come back and confirm it. 

@Dortmonster 

Message 49 of 52
Justin123
Aspirant

This Orbi has been the biggest waste of money. It’s impossible to trouble shoot, it tells me that i have “extremely fast” internet, but Amazon prime and disney + do not work on Orbi network. Also i keep On getting these messages that websites are encrypted and require a password. It’d be great if Orbi had an easy way to trouble shoot, but sadly they do not. So beyond frustrating
Model: AC1450|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit Smart WiFi router
Message 50 of 52
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 51 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7