Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ethernet hard wire to satellite from RBK22 base router?

Wilmingtonwilli
Follower

Ethernet hard wire to satellite from RBK22 base router?

I did not see the RBK22 listed as one of the models which will accept ethernet connection between base Orbi AC2200 router and the Orbi sateliite AC2200 RBK22 router using firmware 2.1.  I would prefer to hardwire the base and teh satellite together rather than rely on a WiFi connection.  Can anyone affirm that the RBK22 is excluded from this capability in firmware 2.1? 

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ethernet hard wire to satellite from RBK22 base router?

Have you tried it?

If the specs don't list ethernet backhaul support then it probably doesn't. Current ethernet backhaul is not working for those that do support it.

If you need this then you may want to get ahold of NG support and ask them what specific models do support it and make the change if needed.

@Wilmingtonwilliwrote:

I did not see the RBK22 listed as one of the models which will accept ethernet connection between base Orbi AC2200 router and the Orbi sateliite AC2200 RBK22 router using firmware 2.1.  I would prefer to hardwire the base and teh satellite together rather than rely on a WiFi connection.  Can anyone affirm that the RBK22 is excluded from this capability in firmware 2.1? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7