Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Exclude wired connection from Orbi list

rhett7660
Aspirant

Exclude wired connection from Orbi list

I am using a BRB40 and on the connection list it is showing my MacMini is hardwired but it is also shows it is connected to Orbi.  If this is the case, is there anyway to have it exclude the device?

The reason is, the MacMini is also my Plex Server and this might be creating issues with me being able to access the Plex Server outside my home network.

I do have the Plex Server set in my primary router as Static.  I also have the wifi shut off in my primary router, the Orbi does all the wifi routing.  The Orbi is also setup in AP Mode.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, while in AP mode, there maybe some devices seen on the list. It's normal detection as it detects only what it's seen on the LAN side.

You'll be fine.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

How is the system all connected together from the ISP modem?

Message 2 of 6
rhett7660
Aspirant

Firmware: V2.1.4.16

Orbi Model BRB40 set to AP Mode

Manufacture of FiOS Modem: Verizon FiOS-G1100 Firmware: 01.04.00.10-FTR (Latest version as there is no update pending)

FiOS is handling the DHCP, WiFI is turned off.  Used to access the internet

Orbi is connected to FiOS and is set to AP Mode

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, probably something that will show up on the Orbi connected clients list....I would not pay too much attention to it...

Message 4 of 6
rhett7660
Aspirant

Gotcha.  Just wanted to make sure it wasn't actually connected to the orbi, but rather just showing up as a connected to device on the network.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, while in AP mode, there maybe some devices seen on the list. It's normal detection as it detects only what it's seen on the LAN side.

You'll be fine.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7