Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender

Dandrea
Tutor

Extender

Actually I have the RBK 22 Orbi but I didn't see it listed. I am trying to get wifi on my dock which is about 45 ft away from the base Orbio and has to fo through two walls.  I want to put an extender in my dock closet and I want it on the same network as my house is.  What product do you recommend?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Extender

Exterior walls are the problem. If they weren't there, 45 feet wouldn't be that much of an issue. Extenders/satellites still need a decent signal to run off of. 

what I'd try doing, is stand right where you think you'll be putting the extender/satellite. If you've got a decent signal, then you can add an extender/satellite there. If you don't, you'll either need to find a closer location or run a hardwired connection to the dock. 

Once you figure out what tactic will work for you, then you can start looking at extenders vs access points vs satellites. 

Message 2 of 5
Dandrea
Tutor

Solved.  I purchased Netgear AC Nighthawk WiIFi Mesh Extednder and I am getting a strong signal.  Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

@Dandrea wrote:

Solved.  I purchased Netgear AC Nighthawk WiIFi Mesh Extednder and I am getting a strong signal.  Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Glad it worked!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements