Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fails when checking for new firmware

Huibert7
Follower

Fails when checking for new firmware

I got a notification from Netgear advising me to upgrade my router's firmware. However, after logging into the mobile app and checking for new firmware availability, all I get is a Firmware Check Error with the (unhelpful) message "There was a problem checking firmware update". I have been trying over and over again over the last few days, to no avail.

My current firmware is v3.2.16.22.

Any suggestions?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
vajim
Master

Re: Fails when checking for new firmware

you may want to post your questions here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

tip:  don't use the app at least for firmware updates.  If you MUST update do it using the pc login. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Fails when checking for new firmware

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

@Huibert7 wrote:

I got a notification from Netgear advising me to upgrade my router's firmware. However, after logging into the mobile app and checking for new firmware availability, all I get is a Firmware Check Error with the (unhelpful) message "There was a problem checking firmware update". I have been trying over and over again over the last few days, to no avail.

My current firmware is v3.2.16.22.

Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7