Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Few bugs that needs to be fix

Mgomez85
Apprentice

Few bugs that needs to be fix

First thing first when I got my Orbi system! In order to get it properly working with my devices, I had to clone the mac of my computer, for some strange reason FB apps on iOS devices was not loading at all!! Next is DMZ conflict with VPN, when I enable DMZ, and enable VPN, my TUN service port stays closed no matter what, no way to open it unless I disable DMZ, another is beam foaming causing random disconnects, i know the beam foaming is a known issue but those other issue not sure if anyone have experience these weird problems but those are ways I have been able to work around them, I do hope net gear fix these problems later on, firmware seems so buggy it's kinda almost feel like we are beta testing these expensive devices 😩😩😩

Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Few bugs that needs to be fix

Hello mgomez85

What firmware version are you on?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
Mgomez85
Apprentice

V1.4.0.34 - firmware same as everyone else and the check for new updates very frequent!
Message 3 of 7
JMU1998
Luminary

With all these issues and bugs being reported and discussed in threads is Netgear Engineering working on a Firmware to address some of these issues? WIFI drops, speed inconsistencies, iOS device instability, DynDNS bug, WAN port showing down in AP mode, Access control page show devices blocked and many other bugs... Is anyone from Netgear even looking at these issues or even aware? 

Message 4 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Jmu1998

Yes the engineers are aware of these issues I have sent them the threads will all of the discussion from the community of all the common issues. They are working to fix these problems I know a firmware is coming soon to address some of them such as DydDNS and the WAN port issue.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 7
JMU1998
Luminary

thank you DarrenM for relaying the issue/bug list to Netgear Engineering and it is heartening to know they are paying attention to the issues and our concerns.  Orbi is a powerful machine and with the right Firmware there is tremendous potential for it to remain very competitive with other offerings.  netgear has a great solution in Orbi, hopefully they will continue the effort to keep making it better with quality Firmware releases going forward.

Message 6 of 7
Draxxus
Initiate

I'm having the same issues. Also have an employer provided Aruba RAP-3WN I use to VPN to work which doesnt work.  Looking into replacing the Orbi solution with the Linksys Velop at this point.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7