Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware 2.0.0.74 Absolute Garbage!!!!!

ClintoKL
Apprentice

Firmware 2.0.0.74 Absolute Garbage!!!!!

What the F is wrong with you F'ing idiots at Netgear!!!!!! I am so sick of your stupid F'ing automatic firmware upgrades and not being able to roll back. Everything was fine on 1.12. 

But now streaming has gone out the window. Its absolute garbage. Cant stream Netflix properly, cant stream HBO Now properly. And dont even get me started on what its done to my LIFX Bulbs.

Im sick of it. How is it possible using my Samsung S7's mobile hotspot I can stream Netflix in HD with 30,000+kps throughput but on Netgear Orbi (firmware 2.0.0.74) I can only get a throughput of 500kps. Its useless. Your useless. Do you not test anything? Its taken me hours to isolate that its Orbi that is the issue.

Can you F'ing fix it PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Firmware 2.0.0.74 Absolute Garbage!!!!!

1.12.x and 1.11.x were broken for many users.  2.0.x is great for a lot of those users.

Message 2 of 8
ClintoKL
Apprentice

And if you do a search online you will see that there are many others who are nw facing streaming issues. The bottom line is that we shouldnt be forced into a firmware update. 1.12 was no god for you but it was perfect for me. V2.0.0.74 has solved issues for you but created issues for me!

In my entire 25+ years in IT i have never seen such poor implementation of tech in my life. They are not paying me to be a Beta Tester. 

So how long now until i can stream again????? How about releasinga  firmware that enables us a choice of selecting a firmware that worked for us? Shouldnt be difficult!

Im sick of this product.

Message 3 of 8
Wizec
Apprentice

Have you tried the new 2.0.0.76 firmware? It’s resolved a lot of my connectivity issues.

Message 4 of 8
vincemiller
Aspirant

@Wizec wrote:

Have you tried the new 2.0.0.76 firmware? It’s resolved a lot of my connectivity issues.

What's the link for the 2.0.0.76 firmware?

Message 5 of 8
Wizec
Apprentice

Message 6 of 8
ClintoKL
Apprentice

Im scared to try! hahaha

Message 7 of 8
vincemiller
Aspirant

@ClintoKL wrote:

Im scared to try! hahaha

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes WPA2 KRACK vulnerability 
  • Don't be scared of this firmware  Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements