Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware 2.2.1.210 remote management not working

tarxvf
Guide

Firmware 2.2.1.210 remote management not working

Remote Management stopped working after upgrading to this firmware version, does not connect with the new app.

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
tarxvf
Guide

@Christian_R

Today i reset the Orbi and was successfully able to enable remote management. I am not sure what the problem was, but seems its gone for now. I have updated the support case with these notes also - if they need any more information from me they will reach out.

Thank you @Christian_R for your support.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has the System been powered down for 1 minute then back on?

Might try a full factory reset on the Orbi and set up from scratch to see if this helps.

Message 2 of 12
Ryan1919
Tutor

Open your orbi mobile app while connected to your wifi..Go to the settings and disable remote management while still connected to your wifi..Immediately enable remote management again and see if remote management works after that. I did these steps because it would show that my system was offline while trying to connect remotely and after I did this it came back up.

Model: RBK43| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 3 of 12
tarxvf
Guide

For now i have downgraded because my skybell stops working and i need that to function. I will try this again over the weekend and let you know.

Message 4 of 12
Ryan1919
Tutor

Sounds good..Good luck with all that.!!

Model: RBK43| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Send the Moderator your information:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

@tarxvf wrote:

For now i have downgraded because my skybell stops working and i need that to function. I will try this again over the weekend and let you know.

Message 6 of 12
tarxvf
Guide

I tried disabling remote managemnet and then back on, it got disabled just fine, but when i tried to enable it back on it said "Some error occured while enabling/disabling remote management"

Stuck on that for now.

Thanks

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you reboot the router then try to enable RM? Do you get same message?

@Christian_R

@tarxvf wrote:

I tried disabling remote managemnet and then back on, it got disabled just fine, but when i tried to enable it back on it said "Some error occured while enabling/disabling remote management"

Stuck on that for now.

Thanks

Message 8 of 12
tarxvf
Guide

@FURRYe38

@Christian_R

After rebooting the orbi, still getting the same error.

When i downgraded it started working as earlier. This is the only issue i am dealing with for now.

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, you should PM @Christian_R with your information. 

@tarxvf wrote:

@FURRYe38

@Christian_R

After rebooting the orbi, still getting the same error.

When i downgraded it started working as earlier. This is the only issue i am dealing with for now.

Message 10 of 12
tarxvf
Guide

@Christian_R

Today i reset the Orbi and was successfully able to enable remote management. I am not sure what the problem was, but seems its gone for now. I have updated the support case with these notes also - if they need any more information from me they will reach out.

Thank you @Christian_R for your support.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad its working now. Maybe the reset was the key. Thanks for letting us know. 

@tarxvf wrote:

@Christian_R

@Thank you @Christian_R for your support.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7