Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware update V2.6.2.104 - Internet Freeze, No Internet, Buffering, OFFLINE Status on App

NTCE
Tutor

Firmware update V2.6.2.104 - Internet Freeze, No Internet, Buffering, OFFLINE Status on App

I am having issues since the New Router firmware update.

Hardware Version   RBR20

Firmware Version   V2.6.2.104

GUI Language Version   V1.0.0.375

Operation Mode   Router

This update keeps cuting off WiFi signal on/off intermit, streaming freezing and when connected no internet active but connected.

Also having been able to have check my rounter Online as it appears OFFLINE when checking with Orbi App to perform Reboot, Troubleshooting and other features including the Bitdefender Activation shows deactivated even when you are registered and activated.

Has anyone experience any of these issues, if so do you have any resolutions?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 68
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware update V2.6.2.104 - Internet Freeze, No Internet, Buffering, OFFLINE Status on App

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 68
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Why oh why aren't telling the truth such as the problem is most likely associated with the firmware?

Message 3 of 68
NTCE
Tutor

I thought that I did explain the model of my router problem on the original topic.

However here it is again.

Model RBR20

Manufacture: NETGEAR/ORBI

Shaw ISP Modem

Problem happened after update.

Since update everything is on/off.

Message 4 of 68
Kooyman
Initiate

Ik lees graag mee. Wij ervaren exact hetzelfde probleem. Ik werk nu bijna een jaar thuis en tot de afgelopen firmware update (2.6.2.104) van vorige week. Nu ligt het internet er willekeurige even uit (wifi en bekabled), heel vervelend omdat ik dan de connectie met mijn werk steeds opnieuw moet opzetten. Ook de kinderen die thuis online les volgen hebben hier last van met de lessen via teams en zoom.

Message 5 of 68
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? The ISP mode differs from the Orbi RBR. Specific model information please. 

So you power OFF the ISP modem AND Rbr for 30 seconds then back on? 

@NTCE wrote:

I thought that I did explain the model of my router problem on the original topic.

However here it is again.

Model RBR20

Manufacture: NETGEAR/ORBI

Shaw ISP Modem

Message 6 of 68
vajim
Master

@NTCE wrote:

Perhaps you should revert your firmware

Message 7 of 68
Stevo533
Initiate

I am having the same problem. Continuously cuts in and out and am unable to connect. 

Message 8 of 68
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? The ISP mode differs from the Orbi RBR. Specific model information please. 

So you power OFF the ISP modem AND Rbr for 30 seconds then back on? 

@Stevo533 wrote:

I am having the same problem. Continuously cuts in and out and am unable to connect. 

Message 9 of 68
vajim
Master

@Stevo533 wrote:

Message 10 of 68
Thornemat
Initiate

I too am having wi fi connection issues since upgrading the firmware to V2.6.2.104  

The RBK 20 is connected to an EE router in AP mode and has run happily for over a year with three RBS20 satellites.

Since upgrading the firmware a couple of weeks ago one of the satellites appears occasionally to be fighting the other two so that anything in its vicinity gets no Internet.   Moving away from it and nearer to a different satellite enables a good wifi/Internet connection to be made.  Switching off the offending satellite when it's doing this also enables a solid connection to be made to wifi/Internet.  

The fault is intermittent but once it's on it continues until the satellite is power cycled.  Sometimes it will run OK for several days then it happens again.

As a radio engineer (without a 5GHz spectrum analyser of my own!) it feels as if the RF channel it's selecting might be interfering with the wanted one.

Nothing else has changed in the system, just the firware upgrade. 

Any advice gratefull receieved.  Thank you for reading.

Message 11 of 68
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Is Daisy Chain enabled on the RBR? 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update? A full on reset maybe needed as last resort. 

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

@Thornemat wrote:

I too am having wi fi connection issues since upgrading the firmware to V2.6.2.104  

The RBK 20 is connected to an EE router in AP mode and has run happily for over a year with three RBS20 satellites.

Since upgrading the firmware a couple of weeks ago one of the satellites appears occasionally to be fighting the other two so that anything in its vicinity gets no Internet.   Moving away from it and nearer to a different satellite enables a good wifi/Internet connection to be made.  Switching off the offending satellite when it's doing this also enables a solid connection to be made to wifi/Internet.  

The fault is intermittent but once it's on it continues until the satellite is power cycled.  Sometimes it will run OK for several days then it happens again.

As a radio engineer (without a 5GHz spectrum analyser of my own!) it feels as if the RF channel it's selecting might be interfering with the wanted one.

Nothing else has changed in the system, just the firware upgrade. 

Any advice gratefull receieved.  Thank you for reading.

Message 12 of 68
vajim
Master

simpler solution....

Message 13 of 68
Thornemat
Initiate

Reverting the Firmware's a tempting suggestion.  Any suggestions how would be gratefully receieved.

Message 14 of 68
vajim
Master

@Thornemat wrote:

Reverting the Firmware's a tempting suggestion.  Any suggestions how would be gratefully receieved.

there are several posts here that talk about how to do it.  here's one:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-RBS50-Cannot-downgrade-firmware/m-p/1836166

you are basically going to the download section here and enter your model number and see if the rollback firmware is available.

Message 15 of 68
Kooyman
Initiate

gisteren hebben we de firmware vd router en de 2 satellieten allemaal teruggezet naar dezelfde versie als daarvoor. 

Resultaat: alles werkt weer zoals vroeger, snel en stabiel.

Hopelijk heeft iemand hier iets aan.

Message 16 of 68
vajim
Master

translation:

yesterday we restored the firmware of the router and the 2 satellites to the same version as before.

Result: everything works as before, quickly and stably.

Hopefully someone will benefit from this.

Thank you for the update.  Another successful rollback

@FURRYe38

Message 17 of 68
BoilerPlate
Apprentice

Message 18 of 68
vajim
Master

translation:

yesterday we restored the firmware of the router and the 2 satellites to the same version as before.

Result: everything works as before, quickly and stably.

Hopefully someone will benefit from this.

Thank you for the update.  Another successful rollback

@FURRYe38

Message 19 of 68
NTCE
Tutor

I still have connectivity issues with my router.

Since the firmware update of the last shown on the Original post.

Has anyone or Netgear Team knows the cost or how can this be solved.

Also Router doesn't shows to ONLINE on Netgear App even when you have Internet.

Message 20 of 68
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

@NTCE wrote:

Message 21 of 68
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

@NTCE wrote:

Unbelievable 

Message 22 of 68
torcg39
Aspirant

I faced this issue so many times automatically after this updat the internet freezes and some times started buffering can you have any solution about it then pleaseguide me i am looking for a quick answer.

Message 23 of 68
sdklmm
Initiate

Had the same issue. Firmware revert fixed it

Message 24 of 68
vajim
Master

Thank you and thank you for saving your time.  Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 68
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7