Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware update failed on RBW30

Dway
Aspirant

Firmware update failed on RBW30

RBW30 satellite with firmware v2.6.2.6 (correct as far as I know), when checking for updates shows update failed, whereas with the router RBR40, the response is no new firmware available. This satellite also seems to drop its connection intermittently. The other satellite has a response of no new firmware available. I tried rebooting and resetting the one satellite that does not seem to function as expected. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Firmware update failed on RBW30

If you're on the latest firmware, I wouldn't worry about it. 

But if you do want to update, you can always update manually. 

Or if you're concerned the firmware is corrupt and thats whats causing the issue. 

Message 2 of 7
Dway
Aspirant

I had a similar thought, but because the other satellite responds normally and is not dropping its connections, I think something is off. Below is a screen shot of the firmware update attempts:

Dway_0-1659453415014.png

Message 3 of 7
Luke1965
Tutor

Hi! I also on my RBW30 when checking for updates shows “update failed” (and give me also an error on App Orbi IOS Apple on IPhone)  meanwhile the other satellite and router RB40 has a response of no new firmware available. I tried rebooting and resetting and downgraded firmware without success! Do you manage to solve this iusse or find a fix? Best regards and ciao from Italy! Luke 

Message 4 of 7
manonamission
Aspirant

I also have this same problem.

I have tried to manually update the firmware but when I go to upload the update file, the website says it's looking for a .img file.  The only file included in the update is a .chk file.

Something is amiss here.

See the attached screen shot.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

@manonamission You're putting a rbw30 firmware file in the upload location for the router. Not for the satellite. So you're using the wrong file. 

Message 6 of 7
manonamission
Aspirant

@plemans Thanks for that.  I retried the manual update using the correct device this time and it worked properly.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7