Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware update for RBK33, Mac OS High Sierra not working V2.3.0.28, V2.3.0.4_1.0

mattordrums
Aspirant

Firmware update for RBK33, Mac OS High Sierra not working V2.3.0.28, V2.3.0.4_1.0

I too received the email to update firmware to V2.3.0.28 for RBS40 and V2.3.0.4_1.0 for RBW30.

Having searched the community, there's been some discussion of firmware updates not working for Mac computers. How to we get Netgear involved? The follow steps have all failed:

1. Tried updating via App: says firmware is up to date on version 2.2.1.210 as of 3/24/19

2. I've tried Safari, Firefox, Chrome to download updates and "manually" apply the updates.

a. I receive error message that .chk and revceive error message "file format is "img"

b. I change to ".img" and it isn't a proper file format.

I'll try to upload screenshots, that seems clunky too! Geez

only satellites, no main!only satellites, no main!

change file suffix doesn't work!change file suffix doesn't work!

Model: RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware update for RBK33, Mac OS High Sierra not working V2.3.0.28, V2.3.0.4_1.0

Please contact NG support here:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Untill then wait for help or find a windows laptop to barrow if you can't get Mac to work.

@Blanca_O 

Message 2 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Firmware update for RBK33, Mac OS High Sierra not working V2.3.0.28, V2.3.0.4_1.0

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are currently checking this. We will provide update once new information will be available

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mattordrums

We just want to check if you were able to update the firmware. There are community users from the other thread reported that they have now the latest firmware. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7