Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware update service unavailable

randomousity
Luminary

Firmware update service unavailable

If I go to the firmware update page, it shows "service unavailable" as the status for both the RBR50 and RBS50. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it a server/hosting issue on Netgear's end? Internet access, DNS, etc., all appear normal.

Screenshot_2021-03-24 NETGEAR Router Orbi.png

Message 1 of 21
vajim
Master

The word on the street is you don't want that (2.7.2.104) anyway due to the problems it has created.  Your're invited to do your own search.

Message 2 of 21
CrimpOn
Guru

@randomousity wrote:

If I go to the firmware update page, it shows "service unavailable" as the status for both the RBR50 and RBS50. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it a server/hosting issue on Netgear's end? Internet access, DNS, etc., all appear normal.

Yes, this began yesterday. Definitely on Netgear's end.  The Netgear support site lists the current firmware as

• 2.7.2.104 and

With no explanation (a) why there are two or (b) how a user would decide which version is appropriate for a specific situation (US vs. "World"? Type of Parental Controls? No Clue.)

It will come back eventually.

Message 3 of 21
ghenry1111
Aspirant

Yep... seeing the same situation here on my RBR50.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Nothing to do with FW. This is a NG service side. Happening on Orbi AX as well. 

Someone can contact NG support to let them know if they want to. Someone from the Orbi AX side already did. 

Message 5 of 21
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Nothing to do with FW. This is a NG service side. Happening on Orbi AX as well. 

Someone can contact NG support to let them know if they want to. Someone from the Orbi AX side already did. 

the original post was looking to update the FIRMWARE.  No one said the NG server was acting due to firmware.

Message 6 of 21
BoilerPlate
Apprentice

Vajim's lack of knowledge and experience, your mileage may vary. >vajim. User beware.

Message 7 of 21
vajim
Master

@BoilerPlate wrote:

Vajim's lack of knowledge and experience, your mileage may vary. >vajim. User beware.

ATTENTION...ATTENTION

Bolier_Flake is a troll

Only coming out to attack me for my opinions. 

You may be next.

@FURRYe38 I suggest you call off your dog

@Christian_R 

Message 8 of 21
randomousity
Luminary

Your reply is nonresponsive to my issue.

Message 9 of 21
rdnarrs
Aspirant

I have an RBR850 and 2 RBS850s with a Nighthawk CM1150V router.  (Note: the request for Model above would not let me enter the correct model numbers.)  My current Firmware version is 3.2.16.22 and I believe the current version should be 3.2.17.12. Using Mac OS 10.14.6. I keep trying without result.  I continue to get Service unavailable just like you.

Message 10 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

You might review this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-firmware-updates-service-unreachable-and-manual-upda...

Also v12 is for manual download only. Was not put on the update services for Orbi AX. 

You can manully download v12 and apply:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBR850-RBS850-Series-Firmware-Version-v3-2-17-12-Releas...

@rdnarrs wrote:

I have an RBR850 and 2 RBS850s with a Nighthawk CM1150V router.  (Note: the request for Model above would not let me enter the correct model numbers.)  My current Firmware version is 3.2.16.22 and I believe the current version should be 3.2.17.12. Using Mac OS 10.14.6. I keep trying without result.  I continue to get Service unavailable just like you.

Message 11 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

RBR50 is working as well:

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 7.19.06 PM.png

Message 12 of 21
ghenry1111
Aspirant

Working for me now, too.  RBR50

Message 13 of 21
vajim
Master

@ghenry1111 wrote:

Working for me now, too.  RBR50

Nice...can't wait for the next firmware update

Message 14 of 21
kees33
Aspirant

yes there i am also facing the similar issue with my forware please guide me about this issue its looking very difficult for me to solve i needhelp from an expert of this field.

Message 15 of 21
CrimpOn
Guru

@kees33 wrote:

yes there i am also facing the similar issue with my firware please guide me about this issue its looking very difficult for me to solve i need help from an expert of this field.

When a post gets as long and complicated as this one, "similar issue" can be a bit ambiguous.

It might be a good idea to create a new post explaining the issue in some detail.

p.s. Puzzled over including a link to "https://yoursilverlab.com/"  That would seem to have nothing to do with Netgear Orbi.

Message 16 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Spammer. Just report them.

@CrimpOn wrote:

When a post gets as long and complicated as this one, "similar issue" can be a bit ambiguous.

It might be a good idea to create a new post explaining the issue in some detail.

p.s. Puzzled over including a link to "https://yoursilverlab.com/"  That would seem to have nothing to do with Netgear Orbi.

Message 17 of 21
Wire1852
Apprentice

Mine is working. Is a reboot of your system in order?

@vajim wrote:

I'm getting the 'Service Unreachable' when checking my 753 at the pc login.  

Message 18 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

This is a NG Cloud service issue. Not FW or anything users can adjust for. Contact NG support for help and infromation. 

Usually comes back on it's own or after NG fixes it on there side. 

Good Luck. 

Message 19 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Hard to admit that when it's not FW related. Seen it accross many FW versions. Always comes back at the behest of NGs doings behind the scenes. 

Message 20 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Nothing to admit. Again not a FW issue. 

But you can think what ya like. It works for me and others. 

Enjoy. 

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7