Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware updates

AniDutta
Apprentice

Firmware updates

How often does Netgear issues firmware update? I have a Luma and they seem to issue updates frequently that add features requested by users. I'm trying out the Orbi and I'm impressed by the range.
Message 1 of 3

Re: Firmware updates

hard to say when it comes to firmware

lets look at the netgear r7000

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7000?cid=wmt_netgear_organic#download

its had about 10 or so updates since release Oct 1, 2013 which was its release date

but firmware is only released to update or fix issues and sometimes add features

firmware updates are not a fixed or calander based , its just done when needed

pete

Message 2 of 3
itGeeks
Apprentice

Re: Firmware updates

I agree with what Pete said and as a disappointed pre-order Luma customer I can tell you the reason Luma has had so many updates is sole to fix the problems Luma has and to finally give there customers what was promised it was going to have on release that it did not have. Your results with Orbi sounds great, I can't wait to test one myself to see how it compares to Luma. My daughter just purchased her first house so I am looking at what I am going to use for her to replace an ageing Asus all in one wireless router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7