Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Former TP-Link DECO Customer switched to NETGEAR Orbi

jtw1156
Aspirant

Former TP-Link DECO Customer switched to NETGEAR Orbi

My product that I used to have was the TP-Link DECO M5. It included the Network Optimization tool in the app that is provided with it to download to your smartphone. The network optimization tool lets you intelligently scan your network to find the best network channel and to clean up the network from devices that are no longer connected. I changed to the Orbi because I felt like it was a better product (Still do), but the Orbi app does not have a similar tool. I have searched everywhere, and I am guessing NETGEAR does not offer it.

If anyone knows how I can resolve this or what I can do, please let me know.

Thank you, Jesse Williams

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Former TP-Link DECO Customer switched to NETGEAR Orbi

Netgear's Orbi product includes similar features:

The Orbi 'app' panel WiFi Analytics has several pages for looking at the WiFi space (swipe right)

CrimpOn_0-1679273832335.png

By default the Orbi remembers every device that has been connected to the network in case the user enabled Access Control.  That way, devices which have been "Allowed" in the past will be remember when they show up again.  The user can clear that table using the Orbi web interface. (Check the user manual for your specific product at:

https://www.netgear.com/support/ 

Message 2 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello jtw1156,

Thank you for your post!

I will discuss the addition of a network optimization tool that locates the best network channels and cleans up the network from devices that are no longer connected further with the team.

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 4
jtw1156
Aspirant

Thank you! It would be very beneficial.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies