Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gave up on Orbi

Deez72
Tutor

Gave up on Orbi

Had to give up on Orbi today.  Still no resolution on the dropping WiFi, and very slow connection speeds.  It is too bad NETGEAR has not figured this out.  I liked one SSID and not 5 SSIDs for my Triband router and WiFi Extender combination.  Sadly I paid well over $400.00 for it, but cannot return it, as it passed my 15-day return policy.  Buyer beware of Orbi!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Re: Gave up on Orbi

Same for me. Such a bad product 

Message 2 of 5
t_k
Luminary
Luminary

@Deez72 You're probably exhausted from the effort you put in so far, but I was successful in getting a refund from Netgear. In case you're up to try to get a refund, here's what I did.

1. Reviewed the product on Amazon, 1 star, citing my experience. This caused them to give me a direct contact with support. Remember, they don't care about you if they already have your money, but they certainly don't want you stopping them from selling more Orbi's!

2. Used the test case described here to force support to awknowledge the issue. As you can imagine, this wasn't easy when you keep getting told "umm, maybe reboot" or "did you upgrade the firmware?" all the time. However, a little persistent via email worked.

Now, you might just be over the entire thing. Which I would totally get. However, I'm not over how much time they took of mine, so I kept at it until they refunded me.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Deez72

Have you tried to revert back to the 2.0.1.4 firmware? 

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You might give reverting back FW versions or if that fails, contact NG support and see if they have a beta that you can try out. 

@Deez72wrote:

Had to give up on Orbi today.  Still no resolution on the dropping WiFi, and very slow connection speeds.  It is too bad NETGEAR has not figured this out.  I liked one SSID and not 5 SSIDs for my Triband router and WiFi Extender combination.  Sadly I paid well over $400.00 for it, but cannot return it, as it passed my 15-day return policy.  Buyer beware of Orbi!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7