Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Have the Orbi disconnects been resolved yet?

pstoric83
Guide

Have the Orbi disconnects been resolved yet?

I've purchased one and it's still in the box but after searching online and here in the forums it's seems that a ton of people are having issues with the unit and devices disconnecting. Can anyone chime in to see if this has been fixed? I purchased it for a new home but not moving in for anohter month but I only have 4 days left to return to Amazon for another mehs system. Thanks in advance!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 11
Ralph052
Guide

I personally have not experienced disconnect issues with orbi ... but, usually you'll see a smaller subset of owners reporting issues on a forum. I experienced it though with other wifi systems. So far so good and I've had mine shortly after release.
Message 2 of 11
pstoric83
Guide

Thanks for the input. Are you running the most recent firmware? Just curious....

Message 3 of 11
Ralph052
Guide

Yes ... not beta.
Message 4 of 11
Ralph052
Guide

Message 5 of 11
st_shaw
Master

No issues here after several months of operation and through several firmware updates.

It's been my experience that even excellent-quality high-tech products will have a small population of users with problems.

Go to Amazon and look at the percentage of 1-star reviews for Orbi, Google WiFi, Velop, and Eero.  All show ~5%-10% one star reviews and users with connection problems and other issues.

Message 6 of 11
pstoric83
Guide

Yea I'm going to stick it out 🙂

Message 7 of 11

getting reports the latest firmware that should for most auto update has resolved quite a few issues , this fw we have been working on in beta for a few weeks so it should show some promising results for most users , only time will tell if it solves everyones issues as i suspect some may be just faulty unit and no end of fw will fix them and those devices should be identified and replaced

Message 8 of 11
Markkram
Guide

Seems to be a lot of misinformation on this topic. I've been in contact almost daily with Netgear level 2 support. Let me share my experience. There is something wrong. Allegedly the new and improved FW update is due out next week. If I were you I would take your Orbi back and check back here to see if new update resolves the many connection issues I've experienced. I bought RBK 30. They REPLACED it with the RBK 40 as there is no solution available yet for the 30. It's insane how much time and effort I've spent on this. Hope FW update works - that's all I can say. 

Message 9 of 11
pstoric83
Guide

I have the rbk50 but it will remain in the box until I move into my new house around July 15th so I guess I'll have to wait and see. Typically I update the firmware as soon as I setup the device and whenever new ones are available. Hopefully it will get ironed out by then.
Message 10 of 11

@Markkram wrote:

Seems to be a lot of misinformation on this topic. I've been in contact almost daily with Netgear level 2 support. Let me share my experience. There is something wrong. Allegedly the new and improved FW update is due out next week. If I were you I would take your Orbi back and check back here to see if new update resolves the many connection issues I've experienced. I bought RBK 30. They REPLACED it with the RBK 40 as there is no solution available yet for the 30. It's insane how much time and effort I've spent on this. Hope FW update works - that's all I can say. 

just fyi new fw should already be auto updating and ready for you to test

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7